Unfortunately, it’s not always possible to meet people in real-time and set up a date. More often than not we suppress our desire for romance and companionship for the sake of propriety in our every day dealing with people. This is by no means a bad thing because one can’t be sure if the desire to know someone intimately and personally will be reciprocated or not and we often stand the risk of our genuine feelings of attraction being misconstrued as unnecessary harassment. With changing social mores, the methodology to secure a romantic date with another individual has also changed and this is where speed dating and online dating comes in. The young generation today is more familiar with the concept of online dating and any millennial faced with the prospect of speed dating is bound to inquire as to what is speed dating and how it differs from online dating. The answers are laid out for you in our popular webcam chat blog so read further to know more.
What is Speed Dating?
Speed dating is basically the old school way of meeting multiple singles on a specific day at a specific venue with the probability of meeting a partner who matches your requirements for the ideal romantic companion. After meeting multiple people at the same speed dating event, an individual is required to submit a list of the people they would like to further a relationship with to the event organizers. These lists are analyzed and matches are made on the condition of shared interest in each other between two individuals and as a result dates are set up where people get to know each other and possible romantic alliances are formed. Speed dating was the brainchild Rabbi Yaacov Deyo as a means of introducing single Jewish men and women to each other in 1998.
Difference between Speed Dating and Online Dating
People today are quite familiar with the concept of online dating and there are fundamental differences between speed dating and online dating. Both have their pros and cons and studying the differences between the two can help you understand which method works better for you. Read further to know more.
- Speed dating takes place in real time and singles have the advantage of meeting each other face to face.
- Online dating allows you to take your pick from multiple online profiles of singles and further communication with an individual with the hope that your interest will be reciprocated.
- Speed dating dictates that you meet multiple people in a short frame of time and narrow it down to a prospective few who pique your interest within that time frame.
- Online dating allows you to communicate by means of the internet with a person for as long as both find necessary before setting up a real-time date and taking things further.
- Speed dating works for some individuals better for the fact that they can meet other singles in real-time and derive substantial assurance from the fact that what you see is most probably what you get.
With online dating, there is no such assurance as people often resort to creating completely fake profiles or cultivate an online persona that is not true to their real-self. Seasoned online daters often know how to get past this hurdle.